The ABSP committee is reponsible for determining the qualifying criteria for the following:
- the invitees to the ABSP Masters
ABSP Masters 2018:
The qualification criteria for the 2018 ABSP Masters:
- the qualifying year starts on April 1st 2017 and runs to March 31st 2018, split into 3 four-month periods - April to July, August to November and December to March.
- players must be a paid-up ABSP member at the time of the tournament
- a minimum of 7 games is required per period (minimum of 60 for the qualifying year);
- ties will be split on most recent peak, then the highest peak.
- at least 36 games must have been played in "open" competitions as defined above. This applies to the year as a whole. It does not have to be spread evenly amongst the qualifying periods.
- the top sixteen ABSP members are invited (no residency requirements).